Reporting new hires electronically is beneficial to employers in a number of ways:
- Saves on paper, processing time, and postage;
- Reduces the likelihood of errors;
- Helps to avoid rejected records because of unreadable or missing information;
- Qualifies Multistate employers for "Multistate" new hire reporting; and
- Allows employers with many work sites to centralize their new hire reporting.
There are two ways employers can report electronically:
- Online Reporting: Employers can report their new hires online by using our convenient Web site. Confirmations of
the reports received are provided each time an employer uses this feature for reporting. Click
here to register for online reporting.
- Electronic Reporting: Employers can create a file that meets our layout specifications by exporting their new hire
information from their payroll or human resources software. Most software manufacturers provide technical support for the
creation of such files, and some software manufacturers have recently added electronic new hire reporting options to their
latest upgrades to make this process easier.
Please contact your payroll or human resources software manufacturers for availability of electronic new hire reporting.
Refer to our File Transfer information for details on the file formats and transfer methods available.
Payroll companies also provide automatic electronic new hire reporting as an extra service for employers. If you have
questions about this service, please contact your payroll service company directly.
How to Send us a File
Please refer to our File Transfer information for details on the file formats and transfer methods available.
Our goal is to make reporting your new hires as simple and easy as possible. If you have any questions regarding electronic
reporting or if you require technical assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
PO Box 3006 Dublin, OH 43016 | Phone (866) 879-0198 | Fax (800) 408-1388
© 2009-2020 Indiana New Hire Reporting Center. Site design by Stellarware